Thursday, September 24, 2009

Becoming house proud (in a good way)




Over the last years I have started to really dig gardening! (Millie and I spend ages out there weeding, her tiny toddler's fingers are great for those stubborn little ones in the brick cracks) and I guess because we've thrown some money at landscaping I suddenly feel the need to make it work! Yesterday a local landscaper (who I'd nervously contacted after getting his flier in the post) arrived to spend a day here. We talked about what had gone on before (he wasn't very complimentary about the last guy!) and decided things were in the wrong holes, too cluttered and a couple of planting beds which I'd wanted to become 'walls' of planting (only because real brick walls cost too much) were looking pretty sad. A mere smear of ground cover then a couple of spindly tall trees do not a wall make! After dropping Millie at kindy we took of in his ute to the big tradesmen's nursery where I fell in love with Corokia Frosted Chocolate and we agreed it would do a lovely job of being that middle tier I so needed. SO we bought 23 and came home and stuck them in the ground. It was a drizzly warm day, perfect for transplanting. I attach a photo of the patio and planting...oh and one of Millie washing sand ;-)

5 comments:

Nina said...

Wow! That is going to look so cool! :)

Giovanni said...

It's looking very nice already but then I'm no expert! I too am planning to get the garden done. Now we've got a bit of extra house money I'm going to nail down my gardener friend, Johannes, to put some proper fencing in (on both sides) and then get rid of practically EVERYTHING in my sad overgrown garden! I can't wait. The back of garden, like most, is a damp spidery dumping ground and with the autumnal falling of apples, it's smelling like a cider factory. Over the years, all the back breaking work has just gone into weeding and there's been no pleasurable result, so I've just left it to overgrow. There's an amazing nursery in Kent I have been to and plan to get some low-maintenance Japanesey evergreens. When this project starts, it'll be worth blogging the progress!

JenniS said...

I'm glad you like it! It's pretty much done here, just needs to grow and fill out. Now for the front garden ;-) It is SO lovely to have a garden to care for, but as you say Gio it needs to be something you're proud of and own yourself I think to truely get into it xx

Anonymous said...

Ура!!!! Наши победили :) [url=http://profvesti.ru/o-tekhnologiyakh-stroitelstva/61-novyye-tekhnologii-v-stroitelstve.html]первый строительный портал[/url]

Anonymous said...

http://eekshop.com
and are out there at an all in one ach and every cheap amount of money.?Face detection would be the fact emerging as just about the most successful biometric curriculum vitae everywhere over the keep using However, controversies also revolve in excess of the security answer to the problem There have been incidents having to do with biometric face detection systems,in no way been able for more information regarding identify correct faces. Not-so-often failures having to do with going to be the in the background to understand more about perform gave rise to learn more about debates. Reliability having to do with the technology is the fact that at less than question. Many organizations nitpick against going to be the continue to use concerning face detection as a means having to do with criminal But, facial # would be the fact a multi functional trustworthy safety measure!